Looking to establish accessing and using learning dashboards on mobile devices. Do tasking when the inspiration hits on the ‘GO’.
Got to designing and building a second prototype mobile application. This mobile application is a good complement to the first one - mentioned in this previous post.
Each does a different purpose: the first is informative and shows pathways well; and the second is functional, identify an element and work with it. (My interpretation of features of a good mobile app include single load, quick, legible, and simple.)
This mobile application is a tiled, drag and drop dashboard of elements (like the one created for larger screens, just optimized for a mobile with touch functionality).
The functionality is straightforward:
- Select a previously created dashboard or create a new one.
- Move through dashboards by clicking through pages or scrolling. Toggle between both layouts by clicking a button.
- Drag and drop interface to assign an element to another one or change the sort order.
- Click to see all the assignment to the pathway.
- Click and hold on an element to navigate to the element webpage.
- Add new elements to a dashboard and save changes to the sort order and assignments.
- Toggle between the two different mobile applications.
(As said earlier, the mobile application accesses elements that were already created.) Here is a link to a mobile application with sample elements: http://www.skillslabel.com/Dashboard/MyDashboardGridMobileOptimized .
Give this a try and give my team your feedback: breaks / errors (currently incident free), suggested features and functionality, and general thoughts firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a short introductory video: